CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Can't Believe it's been 5 years

January 31st, 2004 is the day that changed my life forever. It's a day that will be forever in my mind and in my heart. For some that don't know, my grandparents were involved in a car accident resulting in the death of both of them. Many can't believe that I still remember the phone call from my Uncle, as well as what I was doing that day. It's hard not to forget. The emotions and sadness that followed in the days, weeks, months, and years is something none of us were ready to cope with. No one was ready for this nightmare, but we've handled it well. We still have our moments were we want to talk about it. Sometimes it gets better, but other days we want to cry.

Everyone loved Carolyn and Charlie. They were the greatest people I have ever met. I am the oldest of 3 grandchildren, so I was able to spend more time with them. I still remember our vacations. They help me get through the bad days. Birthdays, Holidays, and even receiving good news is still hard for everyone, especially me. I was born 2 days before my grandmother's birthday. I was her birthday present. Christmas is always hard because we spend it with my Grandmother's brother and his family. I know they are looking down and smiling on me, but sometimes, I wish they were here to tell me they loved me and were proud of me.

I know I'll see them again. Until that time comes, I am here making the best out of my life. I love you, Grandma and Grandpa! We all miss you both and think about you daily. Rest in Peace!

0 comments: